The Philosophy of the Pompton Lakes School DistrictIn a complex world where change is rapid, we believe our schools must provide our students with the opportunity to develop the essential skills that will enable them to adapt successfully to the challenges of the future. The Pompton Lakes School District firmly believe that:
· The purpose of our school is to educate young people and to provide for their physical and emotional development.
· We must create an environment that reinforces the value of self-discipline, tolerance, and citizenship. Our American heritage mandates the development of proper attitudes necessary for productive citizenship in a democracy. In order to implement such attitudes, we must stress the importance of such personal qualities as individual responsibility and integrity.
· Our curriculum should stimulate intellectual curiosity, develop positive work habits and instill a love for learning that will remain with them forever. We also believe we are responsible for producing a school environment that nurtures personal creativity and cultural appreciation.
· The community and the home must be actively involved in the positive development of our young people. We, as educators, must continue to stress the importance of their contribution and cooperation and form positive, productive relationships with our parents.
· Our graduates should not be viewed as finished products. Rather, we strive to promote the idea that education is a continuous lifelong process. We hope our graduates embrace the concept of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.