- Pompton Lakes High School
- Honors Pre-Calculus
Welcome to Honors Pre-CalculusPosted by Marcela Petric on 8/27/2017
Materials required for class daily
1. 3-ring binder (a notebook is acceptable).
2. A graphing calculator (optional).
3. Pen or pencil.
Rules are designed to provide a safe learning environment. All school rules and policies found in the student/parent handbook will be followed in the classroom. some highlights:
1. Be respectful of one another. The number one sign of showing someone respect is to listen and give them your attention while they are talking. that means do not talk while they are talking.
2. Be on time and in your seat before the bell rings. There will be a "Do Now" that you will begin working on as soon as class starts.
3. Come to class prepared.
4. The bell does not end class - Mrs. Petric does! Do not pack up until instructed to do so.
5. Absolutely no food or drink (except water bottles) is allowed in the classroom. Hats, cell phones, iPods, etc are not allowed either (as per school policies).
6. Bags of any sort are not allowed on top of your desk during class.
Please come to me with any problems/concerns as soon as possible. From time to time, some students experience circumstances that create a problem in completion of assignments (e.g. family illness, special occasions, etc.). Please let me know if you are experiencing such circumstances so that arrangements can be made. These situations are best discussed privately.
GradingGrade = (0.85)(Total points you Earned on Tests/Quizzes) / (Total points Possible on Tests/Quizzes) + (0.10)(Total points you Earned on HW) / (Total points Possible on HW) + (0.05)(Total points you Earned on CW) / (Total points Possible on CW)
· Each complete homework is worth 4 points. Incomplete homework will receive partial credit.
. Homework will be checked reqularly and collected periodically.
. For any problem that requires work the students must show work. A list of answers will receive a zero.
. No late homework is accepted.
· There will be several announced short quizzes during each cycle. These little quizzes will consist of a few questions having to do with the homework assigned that day.
· Are to be taken within the class period. No extra time is allowed.
· Students will be graded on assignments completed during class.
· Each period class work will be worth 1 point.
· Before school (7:30 AM - 7:55 AM) in Room 204.
. After school (2:50 PM - 3:15 PM) in Room 204.
Every attempt should be made to be in class each day. However, there will be times when you will miss class(es). With that in mind, here are the procedures and guidelines you should follow if in the event you are absent.
It is your responsibility to make up any missed assignments on your own - I will gladly help you as much as you need, but only if you meet me halfway by following these guidelines:
1. Obtain a copy of the notes from class. It is fine to photocopy notes and put them in your binder.
2. Attempt the homework problems.
3. Come for extra help if you have any questions about the material or need extra help. You must have attempted problems with you. I will be happy to answer specific questions.