Reading & Language Arts
7th Grade Homework Policy
- It is expected that all students will complete ALL homework assignments. All work must be completed in a timely manner to ensure learning.
- Students who miss homework assignments will still have to complete work and earn partial credit on graded assignments once the assignment is turned in.
*Homework can be made up after school, over night, or at one of the Homework Centers either during recess or after school. ***
3. Help with homework is available after school every day unless I have a meeting or club. PLEASE SCHEDULE YOUR TIME WITH ME DURING THE DAY or THE DAY BEFORE YOU ARE COMING. ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE YOUR WHEREABOUTS AFTER SCHOOL IS COMMUNICATED TO YOUR PARENT(s)/GUARDIAN(s).
4. Your homework is part of your overall cycle grade, so it must be completed. Homework will be averaged into your grade as a test. Each assignment is worth 5 points. For every assignment missed, 5 points will be deducted from 100%.
1 missed assignment = 95/ 100
2 missed assignments= 90/100
3 missed assignments= 85/100
4 missed assignments= 80/100
5 missed assignments= 75/100
And so on…
5. In addition, for every 6 missed homework assignments your final cycle grade will be lowered an entire letter grade.
Mrs. Neville’s Course Expectations 2016-2017
Welcome to 7th Grade Language Arts and Reading
- Be RESPECTFUL
*Be respectful to your peers, the classroom, and me.
*Respect a fellow student’s right to have a different opinion.
*ONLY POSITIVE COMMENTS HAVE A PLACE IN THIS CLASSROOM.*
2. Be ON TIME
*When the bell rings you should be seated at your desk with all the necessary materials out. (Pen, notebook, homework etc.)
*FAILURE TO H AVE HOMEWORK OUT AT THE BELL WILL RESULT IN A 5 POINT DEDUCTION FROM YOUR FINAL
HW GRADE, ATTENDANCE TO THE RECESS HW CENTER & A 10 MINUTE DETENTION.
* Classroom time is very valuable. We must be prompt and responsible.
3. Be PREPARED
*You will need to bring the following to class everyday unless otherwise notified.
- A pen or pencil (blue or black ink only)
- 1 package of post-it notes
- A 1 notebook
- 1 Red pen for editing
- 1 Marble notebook (journal)- 1 grade appropriate IRB- Independent Reading Novel***
4. Be RESPONSIBLE
*Be responsible for your learning. I’m available for extra help. Please see me to set up a meeting time!
* It is your responsibility to complete all make-up work when you are absent. (See school rules)
*READ THIS TWICE: Papers and projects that are not submitted in to me on time will result in a 10 point grade deduction each
day they are late. Broken printers are not an excuse. Neatly hand written/printed work is always accepted. If you are absent and
have access to the internet you may send a word document to my e-mail address. Plan ahead! Faulty internet connections are not
*Students and parents are ALWAYS welcome to e-mail me with any questions, comments, or concerns. Please put your name in the
I have read and understand the above course expectations.
Student’s signature: ______________________________________
Parent/Guardian’s signature: ________________________________