District Homeless Liaison -
Lauren Aiello email@example.com 973-835-7100 ex1544
Director of Special Education
McKinney-Vento Homelessness Liason
The local homeless liaison for the Pompton Lakes Public School District is the Supervisor of Special Education who can assist homeless students and their parents or guardians with such activities as:
Additional information can be found on the NJDOE website and from the links below.
- How to enroll in school and accessing school services;
- Obtaining immunizations or medical records;
- Informing parents, school personnel, and others of the rights of homeless children and youth;
- Working with school staff to make sure that homeless children and youth are immediately enrolled in school pending resolution of disputes that might arise over school enrollment or placement;
- Helping to coordinate transportation services for homeless children and youth; and
- Collaborating and coordinating with the State Coordinator for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth and community and school personnel responsible for providing education and related support services to homeless children and youth.