Welcome to Mrs. DeGraw's Site!
Check out my "Courses" page to read about an overview of each of the courses offered. This year, I will be teaching Intro and Advanced Computer Science!
Some of the topics we will be learning this year are...
Marketing & Business Management...
- The 4 P's of Marketing
- Wants versus Needs
- Decision-making process (personal and business)
- Social media and Marketing
- Charactertistics of an entrepreneur
- What is a business plan?
- Who are my competitors and what does this mean to my business?
Sports & Entertainment Marketing...
- What is sports marketing?
- What is entertainment marketing?
- Social media, entertainment and sports distribution
- Supply, demand and pricing strategies
Computer Applications for 21st Century Learning
- Word/Google Docs - formatting, fonts, alignment, layout
- Excel/Google Sheets - spreadsheet/workbook layout, formulas, function formulas, graphs and charts
- PowerPoint/Slides - design, layout, animation, slide transition, graphics, audio, video
- Publisher - templates, desktop publishing, layout, design
Computer Science - Intro
- Create basic programs
- Explore how computers affect our everyday lives
Computer Science - Advanced
- Prerequisite: Computer Science - Intro
- Python utilizing CodeHS (online course)
- Deeper development of computer programming skills